!!! Disclaimer: New things are often subject to frequent changes, have not been tested or researched by the community sufficiently and the info here can therefore be missing, incorrect, out-of-date, or misleading. !!!
Half the fun is discovering new things, experiencing the unexpected and let unseen magic get the best of you! So stop reading, or don't click the links, if you don't want to miss out on that.
Here are the changelogs, starting from 0.11. Bugfixes and similar are deliberately omitted. Take a look in Discord for those.
Update from May 25, 2020
The system that handles the inventory, items, and equipment has received a major overhaul.
- Equipped items no longer take up inventory space.
- Held item is saved in the database and organizing items is generally much more responsive.
- The item in your workbench is now stored in the workbench as well.
- Backers now get a larger heirloom container.
Conjured items have been implemented, though these spell effects are only accessible to NPCs for the time being.
The game now supports numerous more slash commands other than the existing ones for changing channel:
- Invite: /invite <username> - Request invite: /request <username> - Friend request: /friend <username> - Remove friend or cancel friend request: /unfriend <username> - Accept friend request: /accept <username> - Leave encounter: /leave - Ignore player: /ignore <username> - Unignore player: /uignore <username> - Show total playtime: /played
Another 16 slash commands have been added for debugging purposes, which are only accessible to players on the test server.
The server now has a shutdown timer that will warn players before a server restart. The first warning will happen 15 minutes before restart, and then again every five minutes until five minutes are left, at which point it will warn players every minute until the server restarts.
Hotkeys for opening and closing menus and prompts have been implemented. Hotkeys for opening and closing menus can be set in settings. Default hotkeys:
- Escape: Close/hide any prompt or menu, if no input field is focused, otherwise it shows the exit prompt. - Myself [C] - Inventory [I] - Spells [S] - Skills [K] - Social [O] - Messages [M] - Settings [T] - Next Location [L] - Inspect Opponent [Alt+1]
Improved controls system for handling items with dedicated controls for touch input.
- Left click: Move - Right click: Use. Shows dropdown of possible actions if item has non-generic uses. - Shift + Click: Unstack. - Shift + Left Click while using an item: Spam
Added 2 new items.
Added 1 new color variant.
Added 1 new explore encounter.
Added 1 new accessory variant.
(Have a look here for all of the above)
Added placeholder art for Ram Horns quality.
Equip action cost is no longer imposed while in the dormitory.
Made adjustments to hit calculation:
- No longer take the average of two rolls when calculating a successful hit. This was creating an unfair advantage for hit builds against players with lower defenses, because the normal distribution would be centered in their favour. - Calculating a crit was using the same roll as calculating a fumbled spell, which caused crit to overperform relatative to fumble chance. (With 15% chance to fumble, approx. 6% of successful hits would crit with a crit chance of 5%) - Reflection now also has a minimum 5% chance to happen on an unsuccessful hit, similar to how crit has a minimum 5% chance to happen on a successful hit. - What's considered a deflected spell rather than a missed spell has been improved to better reflect stat distribution between characters.
Spell Effect Changes
Lactation will now prevent Milk Maiden speech impediment from wearing off while at max stages.
Milk Maiden will now guarantee a critical hit against people who produce moderate amounts of milk or more.
Being under the Milk Maiden speech impediment will now sometimes cause your character to make idle moo sounds.
Speech impediments will once again last indefinitely when cast on self or following a critical hit. Speech impediments can still be replaced by another one in this case.
Improve speech impediments algorithms:
- How words are spoken is now more consistent. - Fixed numerous formatting errors. - Fixed numerous errors that caused numbers to be displayed incorrectly for dumb people and bimbos. - Numbers are now stupid in a more logical way. - Removed chance for sentences to trail of while under the Milk Maiden effect.
Cleansing Soap can now be used to remove conjured effects that are concealing an item.
Improved how spellcasting is being processed, making cross-server casting much faster.
Hucow encounter has been made less common.
Tights and Stockings can now be worn as pants.
Increased the stack size of Cleansing Soap to 10 (up from 5).
You can now use found items without having to move them to your inventory first.
Tooltip position has been improved and tooltips will now appear immediately, instead of after a small amount of time.
You can now press or hold space, enter or return to continue or fast-forward dialog, respectively.
Offline friends are now faded out to make them less prominent.
Private messages send by you have had their bubble color adjusted to make it more easy to distinct between sent and received messages.
Text alignment has been improved with assistance from @MechMage.
Eating a Cookie will make you vulnerable to the hucow virus again.
Major rework of system that handles changes to characters, making it faster and less prone to failure.
Loot container no longer closes immediately when the item has been picked from it. This allows players to more easily swap the container's content with something else they would rather discard, if low on space.
Closing the loot container is now treated as attempting to discard the item, in order to make discarding unwanted items less confusing, and will display the same prompt when clicking the cross.
You can no longer send private messages to players on your ignore list.
Inspect data is now handled by the game server instead of the website, which makes sure displayed stats and other effects are exactly as the game server sees it.
Loading own data and that of online characters have become faster in most cases, and the most common situations have seen the most improvement.
Greatly reduced flickering of inspect window when changes happen, and window is a lot more responsive to changes happening to online characters that are in another location: You can now see what's happening to friends in near-realtime!
Update from April 6, 2020
Local chat now has three different channels: Say, OOC, and Emote. Channels have each their own color to make them more distinct and writing in OOC and Emote automatically formats the text with parentheses and asterisks, respectively. Writing in the say channel will automatically apply speech impediments to your text.
Each channel also has a number of slash commands for fast and easy access.
- Say: /say /say
- OOC: /ooc /o
- Emote: /emote /em /me /e
The first explore encounter has been added to the game. These encounters may also allow you to explore again.
You can now press Escape to unfocus an input field or, if no input field is focused, close all menus.
Spell effects will now use the local chat box while alone instead of the wide scenario dialog box.
Following a solo scenario, the chat box will reappear to show previous effects.
You can now use the local chat while alone after forcing a spell effect. In the future, the local chat will be more important while alone and you will be able to open it a more direct way.
Speech impediments no longer become permanent. Instead, speech impediments last for a much longer time when applied multiple times or following a crit.
Eating a cookie has had it's effect replaced.
Elvish is now discovered elsewhere.
Optimized how trait details are computed before being passed on to the client.
Implemented support for more advanced effects on traits.