!!! Disclaimer: New things are often subject to frequent changes, have not been tested or researched by the community sufficiently and the info here can therefore be missing, incorrect, out-of-date, or misleading. !!!
Half the fun is discovering new things, experiencing the unexpected and let unseen magic get the best of you! So stop reading, or don't click the links, if you don't want to miss out on that.
Here are the changelogs, starting from 0.11. Bugfixes and similar are deliberately omitted. Take a look in Discord for those.
- 1 0.17
- 2 0.16
- 3 0.15
- 4 0.14
- 5 0.13
- 6 0.12
- 7 0.11
Update from January 29, 2021
- Looking for Roleplay, a feature that allows players to browse and broadcast roleplay scenarios has been added to the social tab. Similar to Looking for Group in other games, this feature provides players with an intuitive way to find other players with common interests to play with! - The behemoth operation that was the turn update has been significantly reduced by making fewer features reliant on it. - Changing location is no longer bound to the turn update. - Changing locations will now happen immediately! - Encounter matching is made seamlessly when entering a location outside the dorms. The game server will attempt to pair players while they are leaving their current location and the new location is being prepared. - Players will have the option to wait for an encounter to happen, which will cause the game server to wait for another player before placing them both in the new location. After the location has been prepared and the game server is ready for the player to enter, a waiting player can abort waiting for another player at any time to enter the location immediately. - You will no longer have to queue for a turn event such as a class the turn before. Instead, you will be able to attend a turn event during the time of day they are active, and doing so will take you immediately to the location. - Turn events have been given their own tab, similar to faculty locations, so you can travel to a location where a class is happening, without having to attend the class. - Regeneration of health and actions are no longer bound to the turn update. - Health is regained constantly while resting, at a pace where max health is regained over 1 minute. - Actions are regained each x seconds so max actions are recharged over 1 minute. With 3 max actions, 1 action is recharged every 20 seconds. - Fractions of an action also count towards the regen-rate, and you also store up to the remainder of an action, meaning with 3.99 points in Actions, you will receive a fourth action almost immediately after using your first action because you virtually have a whole extra point stored. - Second-wind has been removed from Actions now that the remainder of a point instead allows you faster regeneration and to store fractions of an Action. - Second-wind still exists for Spell Actions because these cannot be regenerated between rests.
- Dying an item will no longer result in the current color for that item if any other color is possible. - The game will now notify you when you receive a chat message, are attacked, or another player enters or leaves your location. By default, these notifications will be seen in the title of the game tab, but you can also enable browser notifications for these new events. - Added a new setting that can be used to prevent strangers from sending you private messages, friend requests, meetup requests, and invites. By default, everyone is allowed to contact you, but you can also limit it to accounts with a confirmed email and/or players you have recently met in the game. You can also block all strangers entirely, and only allow friends to contact you directly. - Added compression to the system that has improved the speed of some communication between servers. - Made general improvements to how characters that are changing location are being handled by the game servers. - Twitch integration was removed due to it requiring too much maintenance to keep working every time Twitch might make a change on their end
Update from December 1, 2020
- Implemented a new backer-exclusive feature for dynamically colored item sprites that reflect the actual color of the item! The system uses numerous advanced algorithms to create the best possible result for a variety of different items. - Backers with access to colored item sprites will see all items in their actual color, and all their items will be displayed in their actual color to other players, regardless of whether they themselves have access to the feature. - Transform Item recipes that change the shape of an item now shows a preview of the result. If you are a backer with access to colored item sprites, the preview sprite will also have the correct color. This feature was implemented by MaddieMeadows. - Item tooltips will now display an image of the item. This will display a larger illustration of small and equipped items. Item images in tooltips can be disabled in Settings. This feature was implemented by MaddieMeadows. - Players can now write notes for their friends. By default, when a new player is added it will use the names of the character you added them as for the note. Notes are stored online for use across devices. This feature was implemented with assistance by MaddieMeadows. - Item tooltips can now have unique graphics that reflect their accessory variant. Right now, this is only supported by a new yule-themed accessory variant, but all accessory variants will be supported with time. - Added support for seasonal services that are only available during a particular time of the year, such as the new services provided by Hilda that are only available during December.
- Added 3 new speech impediments and related spells. - Added 8 new items with graphics by xtatoto. - Added 2 additional items. - Added 12 new NPC services. - Added 8 new crafting recipes.
- Made adjustments to some traits that were either under- or overperforming, to make them more in line with other available traits.
- Added a new slash command /help that will print a list of available slash commands and their use to the local chat box. - Character names of a friend are now only shown while the friend is online on that character. This is a step towards support for multiple characters on the same account. - The Transform Item spell now keeps the item in the container when it resolves, instead of moving it to the loot container. This was a leftover from when an item was still in the inventory while being transformed, and changing its shape could corrupt inventory position data. - Equipping an item by clicking on the avatar will now properly swap the item with another limited item if necessary to equip the item, instead of doing nothing. - Glasses and masks now belong to the same unique group, meaning you can only wear one of either at a time. - NPC services, such as asking Hilda for a treatment, no longer costs an action to perform. - The Elvish variant of the Change Appearance spell is now taught by Hilda and can no longer be discovered by exploring the campus during December. - Input prompt now submits input on enter. This allows you to hit enter/submit after writing a new name for a character using the Give Name spell or after writing a friend note, etc. - Input prompt now has existing input selected when prompted, to make it easier to replace existing values. - The color of an item is no longer included in the name of the item. With the colored sprites and colored label, having the color in the name as well became quite excessive. - Made numerous changes to how item sprites are displayed to make it more robust and uniform. - Overhauled whole friend request and status pipeline to make it more robust and easier to expand upon. - Leaving an encounter with another player at a faculty location, such as the Ward, will no longer cause you to leave for your room immediately. Instead, you will leave the encounter while staying at the location. - Made adjustments to how voice chat is displayed. - Voice messages will now be displayed on top of menus and characters but will remain hidden while a full menu, such as private messages, is displayed. - The position of voice messages is no longer dynamic and instead uses a wider area. - Tooltip color labels for colors that use a texture, such as metal colors, now use the same texture for the color of the tooltip color label. - Item description was removed from various crafting recipes that now have preview images instead. - Reduced the size of some large item sprites to reduce their load time. - Refactored and optimized the main graphical user interface script to improve how the layout is being controlled. - Optimized database storage of some larger data entries. - Optimized server startup script.
- Rolled-back permanent speech impediments blocking the effects of other impair speech spells, making it more convenient for assailants to inflict new speech impediments on a victim. - Adjusted the dynamic coloring of the Latex French Maid Dress. - Improved new speech impediments. The feline and canine speech impediments will now be much more severe while permanent, similar to the bovine speech impediment. - The Hucow Vaccine now also removes lactation and breast milk, which might fix some errors that may have been caused by the vaccine.
Update from October 30, 2020
- Hilda, the faculty nurse has been added to the game! Hilda is able to treat spell effects that are otherwise untreatable and can also provide a cure for the Hucow illness! - Hilda is the first character in the game that you can encounter outside of a scenario, meaning you are not locked into a narrative when you visit her. Instead, you will be able to use spells and other actions freely while visiting her in the ward. - She is also the first character to provide services otherwise inaccessible to the player. For now, these include cures and treatments, but in the future, you may also pay a faculty member to teach you spells and other skills and services... - The ward is the first faculty location; a new type of location that is found around campus and that you can access at will after you have discovered them. These will usually give you access to faculty services and cannot be explored. When you are done at a faculty location, however, you can leave for your room immediately. You can also invite another player to join you at a faculty location, whether they know where to find the location or not. - Some faculty locations will have opening hours. For instance, the ward will be closed at night, so if you wish to see the nurse you must do so before it gets dark or wait until the following day. - An icon will now appear in the top right corner near actions to let you know if you have anything stored in your workbench. You can click on the icon to access the item any time, even when you were previously unable to access it due to being blocked from casting a spell to open it. - Spells will no longer consume materials before the spell has succeeded. Instead, the spell will reserve the materials until the spell has resolved successfully, and only then will it consume the materials. Likewise, spells that trigger a scene where the player can cancel the spell will no longer consume materials if the spell is cancelled.
- Added new Halloween event that runs from October 18th to November 1st. - Added 7 new items for Halloween with graphics by xtatoto! - Added 1 new NPC with graphics by Ry Thae! - Added 1 new faculty location that can be discovered while exploring campus.
- Numerous changes have been made to combat with the assistance of MaddieMeadows from the community. - Calculating increases and reductions to damage now uses a much more advanced algorithm to make sure any 1 point of hit, penetration, evasion, and resistance evaluates to the same amount of damage increased or reduced. - Damage dealt is increased by your Hit - opponent's Evasion and your Penetration - opponent's Resistance times 10% and damage taken is reduced by your Evasion - opponent's Hit and your Resistance - opponent's Penetration times 10%. - Without any changes to damage dealt or taken an attack deals 33 to 47 damage for an average of 40 damage (down from 100). Attacks will have a 10% chance to miss and hits will have a 10% chance to glance and 5% chance to crit. - Spells that miss or glance will now spend a spell action point to make sure evasion and resistance provide equal protection against damage from spells that spend spell actions. - Resistance no longer provides an innate chance to reflect spells as it made it impossible to properly balance attack and defense stats. Reflect will return from other sources in the future. - The calculation of a character's power has been adjusted to accurately reflect that character's power during matchmaking. - Major overhaul to PvE combat such as combat practice during class so that it is hooked up to the same hit and damage rolls used for PvP combat.
- Upgraded graphics for the following traits: - Slender - Curvaceous - Voluptuous - Demonic Tail - Upgraded graphics for the following items: - Jeans (while worn) - Skimpy String Bra - G-String - Vest - Doubled the stack size of the following items: - Ornamental Charms to 20 (up from 10) - Cleansing Soap to 20 (up from 10) - Beads to 10 (up from 5) - Candies to 20 (up from 10) - Body and mind sources and power have been adjusted so that body and mind modifiers on enchantments show the exact amount of health you gain from the item. - The values on all enchantments have been adjusted for balance purposes: - Enchantments that previously provided 0.75 Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Willpower, Hit, Evasion, Penetration, or Resistance now provide 1. - Enchantments that previously provided 0.25 Action or Spell now provide 0.3. - Enchantments that previously provided 0.75 Body or Mind now provides 100, which evaluate to the same amount of health. (0.75 Body or Mind would previously evaluate to 75 health). - The amount of Body and Mind provided by Strength and Intelligence have been adjusted similarly. - Stat tooltips have been updated to better describe the influence of each stat. - Candies can no longer be found outside of seasonal events and are inherent to the Halloween event. - Candies are now common during the Halloween event. - With the introduction of the faculty nurse, speech impediments can again become properly permanent and require assistance from Hilda to remove. - Crafting options can now be searched by equipment slots. - The server now prioritizes smaller stacks when choosing materials for spells. - Releasing shift after using it to use a stack repeatedly now returns the cursor to its default state immediately. - Queuing for a location while turn update is processing will no longer prevent the player from queuing, but will instead queue them for the next turn update.
- Positioning of voice chat messages is now dynamic to allow for messages to be better visible while a menu is taking up some of the screen. - Optimized some server operations related to turn update and resolving spells. - Optimized how graphical user interface updates from the server are handled by the client.
Hotfix Combat Changes
- You now gain a third of an Action or Spell action for every Strength and Intelligence again, respectively. Enchantments have been adjusted accordingly.
Update from September 26, 2020
Combat has received a massive overhaul that should make the combat experience more enjoyable for everyone. Health and damage has been scaled up to allow for players to deal damage in fractions of what they could before. Together with this change, Willpower and Resistance has been changed to affect damage taken and dealt instead of hit and evasion, which means damage in the game will no longer build on an all-or-nothing principle. You can read more about the changes to combat in the Combat Changes section below.
Scenarios can now have a workbench similar to the one from the first enchantment class with Merrill. The workbenchs allow players to craft rare and otherwise inaccessible items! The content of the local chat input field is now saved between sessions so players won't lose their message if they accidentally quit or refresh. This feature only works for sessions that are remembered between logins.
Added a staggering 40 new items (all wearables!) with graphics by xtatoto!
Added 16 new exploration encounters related to discovering the many new items.
Combat Changes (Massive Overhaul)
- Base health and damage has been multiplied by 100, meaning a new character now has 500 mind and body health. - Because Body and Mind need double the investment on equipment to properly cover both defenses, enchantments now grant double the Mind and Body they did previously. This means the value of Body and Mind enchantments have been increased, while Strength and Intelligence enchantments now grant extra Body and Mind in addition to what is gained from the primary stat. This change also affects existing items. - Penetration now Resistance now affect your damage dealt and received, respectively. - Reflected spells now deal half damage and use your opponent's penetration against your resistance for calculating damage. - Reflected spells now deal a third of their damage and uses your penetration versus your own resistance for calculating damage. - The critical hit multiplier has been reduced to 175% (down from 200%). - Spells that spent a spell action now deal 50% more damage. - Base evasion change has been set to 10% (down from 50%). - Deflect has been removed as a term and all unsuccessful attacks are now considered misses. - Reflected spells are now calculated from successful hits instead of deflected hits. - Critical and reflected hits are now calculated at the same time and a critical reflected hit cancels the reflected spell (no damage dealt or taken by either player). A successfully reflected spell still cannot make a critical hit against its caster. - If your hit - 2 > opponent's evasion, your spells will never be dodged. - If your penetration - 2 > opponent's resistance, your spells will never be reflected. - A spell will have a 5% chance to rebound for every 1 point of hit below 11. - A successful hit will have a 2.5% chance to be reflected for every 1 penetration > opponent's resistance - 2. - A successful hit will have a 5% chance to be a critical hit for every 1 hit > opponent's evasion -2. - All attacks have a minimum 5% chance to land a critical hit.
- Matchingmaking has been adjusted so players without the RP tag enabled are more likely to run into other players. - Updated the Collar, Bra, Panties, and Jeans with new graphics by xtatoto. - All existing Bras have been replaced with a Triangle Bra that more closely resembles its previous graphics. - Pants are now shown as being worn instead of folded while equipped. - Improved performance of server scenario operations. - Created a more robust item image pipeline. - Added logic for items to be unique, meaning you can only wear one or X of the particular item. Previously, items could only be unique within a group, say bras or ties, but it seemed silly having to make a group for one item. - Vastly improved monitoring of game server health to help with diagnosing errors in the future. - The game server will now restart immediately if it loses access to the database for any reason instead of remaining unresponsive for an unpredictable amount of time. - Implemented stronger measures against DDoS attacks and internal errors that would have similar results.
Update from July 21, 2020
Matchmaking has been added to the game with the help of Aien. The matchmaking system attempts to pair like minded players and considers several different variables that are listed below. Unless a roleplay partner is found, the matchmaking system will also pair players up less, so players are less likely to run into players who leave immediately.
- Pairs players according to their interest in roleplaying - Pairs players according to the number of tags they share - Pairs players according to their relative power - Prevents players from being paired with players on their ignore list
Added 6 new spells.(3 here and 3 here)
Added 3 new items.
Added 1 new sex act by Arch.
Added 37 new traits with graphics by xtatoto.
Updated 21 traits with graphics by xtatoto.
Expanded on 1 explore encounter.
Spell Effect Changes
Polymorph no longer applies animal traits randomly. Instead, animal traits are applied in a specific order, though some conditions can affect set order.
Turn update has been greatly optimized.
There are now more convenient ways of removing various animal traits from your body.
The algorithm that determines which explore encounter is found has been greatly optimized.
Polymorph and similar spell effects have been overhauled.
Some sex scenes have been adjusted.
Update from May 25, 2020
The system that handles the inventory, items, and equipment has received a major overhaul.
- Equipped items no longer take up inventory space.
- Held item is saved in the database and organizing items is generally much more responsive.
- The item in your workbench is now stored in the workbench as well.
- Backers now get a larger heirloom container.
Conjured items have been implemented, though these spell effects are only accessible to NPCs for the time being.
The game now supports numerous more slash commands other than the existing ones for changing channel:
- Invite: /invite <username> - Request invite: /request <username> - Friend request: /friend <username> - Remove friend or cancel friend request: /unfriend <username> - Accept friend request: /accept <username> - Leave encounter: /leave - Ignore player: /ignore <username> - Unignore player: /uignore <username> - Show total playtime: /played
Another 16 slash commands have been added for debugging purposes, which are only accessible to players on the test server.
The server now has a shutdown timer that will warn players before a server restart. The first warning will happen 15 minutes before restart, and then again every five minutes until five minutes are left, at which point it will warn players every minute until the server restarts.
Hotkeys for opening and closing menus and prompts have been implemented. Hotkeys for opening and closing menus can be set in settings. Default hotkeys:
- Escape: Close/hide any prompt or menu, if no input field is focused, otherwise it shows the exit prompt. - Myself [C] - Inventory [I] - Spells [S] - Skills [K] - Social [O] - Messages [M] - Settings [T] - Next Location [L] - Inspect Opponent [Alt+1]
Improved controls system for handling items with dedicated controls for touch input.
- Left click: Move - Right click: Use. Shows dropdown of possible actions if item has non-generic uses. - Shift + Click: Unstack. - Shift + Left Click while using an item: Spam
Added 2 new items.
Added 1 new color variant.
Added 1 new explore encounter.
Added 1 new accessory variant.
(Have a look here for all of the above)
Added placeholder art for Ram Horns quality.
Equip action cost is no longer imposed while in the dormitory.
Made adjustments to hit calculation:
- No longer take the average of two rolls when calculating a successful hit. This was creating an unfair advantage for hit builds against players with lower defenses, because the normal distribution would be centered in their favour. - Calculating a crit was using the same roll as calculating a fumbled spell, which caused crit to overperform relatative to fumble chance. (With 15% chance to fumble, approx. 6% of successful hits would crit with a crit chance of 5%) - Reflection now also has a minimum 5% chance to happen on an unsuccessful hit, similar to how crit has a minimum 5% chance to happen on a successful hit. - What's considered a deflected spell rather than a missed spell has been improved to better reflect stat distribution between characters.
Spell Effect Changes
Lactation will now prevent Milk Maiden speech impediment from wearing off while at max stages.
Milk Maiden will now guarantee a critical hit against people who produce moderate amounts of milk or more.
Being under the Milk Maiden speech impediment will now sometimes cause your character to make idle moo sounds.
Speech impediments will once again last indefinitely when cast on self or following a critical hit. Speech impediments can still be replaced by another one in this case.
Improve speech impediments algorithms:
- How words are spoken is now more consistent. - Fixed numerous formatting errors. - Fixed numerous errors that caused numbers to be displayed incorrectly for dumb people and bimbos. - Numbers are now stupid in a more logical way. - Removed chance for sentences to trail of while under the Milk Maiden effect.
Cleansing Soap can now be used to remove conjured effects that are concealing an item.
Improved how spellcasting is being processed, making cross-server casting much faster.
Hucow encounter has been made less common.
Tights and Stockings can now be worn as pants.
Increased the stack size of Cleansing Soap to 10 (up from 5).
You can now use found items without having to move them to your inventory first.
Tooltip position has been improved and tooltips will now appear immediately, instead of after a small amount of time.
You can now press or hold space, enter or return to continue or fast-forward dialog, respectively.
Offline friends are now faded out to make them less prominent.
Private messages send by you have had their bubble color adjusted to make it more easy to distinct between sent and received messages.
Text alignment has been improved with assistance from @MechMage.
Eating a Cookie will make you vulnerable to the hucow virus again.
Major rework of system that handles changes to characters, making it faster and less prone to failure.
Loot container no longer closes immediately when the item has been picked from it. This allows players to more easily swap the container's content with something else they would rather discard, if low on space.
Closing the loot container is now treated as attempting to discard the item, in order to make discarding unwanted items less confusing, and will display the same prompt when clicking the cross.
You can no longer send private messages to players on your ignore list.
Inspect data is now handled by the game server instead of the website, which makes sure displayed stats and other effects are exactly as the game server sees it.
Loading own data and that of online characters have become faster in most cases, and the most common situations have seen the most improvement.
Greatly reduced flickering of inspect window when changes happen, and window is a lot more responsive to changes happening to online characters that are in another location: You can now see what's happening to friends in near-realtime!
Update from April 6, 2020
Local chat now has three different channels: Say, OOC, and Emote. Channels have each their own color to make them more distinct and writing in OOC and Emote automatically formats the text with parentheses and asterisks, respectively. Writing in the say channel will automatically apply speech impediments to your text.
Each channel also has a number of slash commands for fast and easy access.
- Say: /say /say
- OOC: /ooc /o
- Emote: /emote /em /me /e
The first explore encounter has been added to the game. These encounters may also allow you to explore again.
You can now press Escape to unfocus an input field or, if no input field is focused, close all menus.
Spell effects will now use the local chat box while alone instead of the wide scenario dialog box.
Following a solo scenario, the chat box will reappear to show previous effects.
You can now use the local chat while alone after forcing a spell effect. In the future, the local chat will be more important while alone and you will be able to open it a more direct way.
Speech impediments no longer become permanent. Instead, speech impediments last for a much longer time when applied multiple times or following a crit.
Eating a cookie has had it's effect replaced.
Elvish is now discovered elsewhere.
Optimized how trait details are computed before being passed on to the client.
Implemented support for more advanced effects on traits.